March 24, 2006 12:00 - 2:00 pm
Room B-340, Rayburn House Office Building
- Randolph May (Moderator), Senior Fellow & Director of Communications Policy Studies, PFF
- David Donovan, President, Association for Maximum Service Television, Inc.
- Jaime Hjort, Legislative Assistant, Office of Senator George Allen (R-VA)
- Dr. Paul Kolodzy, Communications Technology Consultant
- Thomas Lenard, Senior Fellow & Vice President for Research, PFF
- Lisa Sutherland, Staff Director, U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, & Transportation
- Alice Tornquist, Vice President of Government Affairs, QUALCOMM Incorporated
There is significant value in the unused portions - the White Space - associated with the TV broadcast spectrum. Currently, there are legislative proposals to allocate it to unlicensed uses. Is this the best use of the TV White Space? The Progress & Freedom Foundation is hosting a Congressional Seminar to examine the issue.
Media questions should be directed to Amy Smorodin at 202-289-8928 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Others should contact Marie Ryan at 202-289-8928 or email@example.com.