March 23, 2007, 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Rayburn House Office Building, Room 2322
Washington, DC 20515
View the Transcript
Audio Now Available:
- Adam Thierer (Moderator), Senior Fellow, Progress & Freedom Foundation
- John Cardillo, President & CEO, Sentinel
- Jay Chaudhuri, Special Counsel to North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper
- Raye Croghan, Vice President, IDology, Inc.
- Tim Lordan, Executive Director, Internet Education Foundation
- Jeff Schmidt, CEO, Authis
Although unheard of just a few years ago, social networking sites are now among the most-trafficked on the Internet, and concerns about how youngsters use these services have already prompted legislation that would ban access to such sites in schools and libraries. Others, including several state attorneys general, want such sites to age-verify all their users to exclude some users over or under a certain age. This PFF seminar explored the complexities of age-verifying kids before they visit social networking sites and also discussed others ways to ensure safer online environments.
Play to listen:
Get Flash to see this player.
Stream in Windows Player here.
Or to download, right click save as here.