A PFF Congressional Seminar
March 9, 2007, 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Rayburn House Office Building, Room B338
Washington, DC 20515
View the Transcript
Audio Now Available:
- Scott Wallsten (Moderator), Senior Fellow, Director of Communications Policy Studies, The Progress & Freedom Foundation
- Michael Calabrese, Vice President; Director, Wireless Future Program, New America Foundation
- Jeff Eisenach, Chairman, Criterion Economics
- Michael Gallagher, Partner, Perkins Coie, LLP
- Steven Jones, Executive Director, First Response Coalition
- Janice Obuchowski, Chairman, Frontline Wireless
- Charles Werner, EFO/CFO; Fire Chief, Charlottesville Fire Dept.
First responders and other public safety officials cannot currently easily connect or exchange information with each other. What is the solution to this problem? Proposals include additional spectrum devoted to public safety, additional funding to first responders, and private companies and government organizations that would use spectrum to provide nationwide broadband service to first responders. Panelists discussed current problems and potential solutions.
Play to listen:
Get Flash to see this player.
Stream in Windows Player
Or to download, right click save as here.