Event to Begin Dialogue about Update of Telecom Laws
9:00am - 10:30am
National Press Club
Holeman Lounge, 13th Floor
529 14th Street NW
Washington, DC 20045
This panel discussion will consider the implications of the recent Comcast v. FCC court decision, the FCC's pending "Net Neutrality" Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, as well as other developments which have led many experts, officials, policymakers and a diverse array of companies to call on Congress to update the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Leading industry veterans will make their case for change, and explain how their proposals can be implemented.
(Video courtesy of NextGenWeb)
See below for photos from the event.
- Link Hoewing, Vice President - Internet and Technology Policy, Verizon Communications
- Peter Pitsch, Associate General Counsel and Executive Director of Communications Policy, Intel
- Walter McCormick, President & CEO, United States Telecom Association
- Ray Gifford, Partner, Wilkinson, Barker, Knauer, LLP
- Michael Calabrese, Vice President, New America Foundation
- Barbara Esbin, Senior Fellow, The Progress & Freedom Foundation
- Adam Thierer (moderator), President, The Progress & Freedom Foundation
Event questions and media inquiries should be directed to Mike Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Progress & Freedom Foundation is a market-oriented think tank that studies the digital revolution and its implications for public policy. It is a 501(c)(3) research & educational organization.
Photos from the event