|Sunday, August 20
|Monday, August 21
||Welcome and Opening Remarks
"Content, Convergence and the New Communications Marketplace"
"Convergence A Status Report"
- Moderator: Charles
Fellow, The Progress & Freedom Foundation
Limp, Senior Vice President,
Shapiro, President, Consumer
- Julie Shimer, Vice President, 3Com
- James Wandrey, Senior Vice President, Next
||"Perspectives on the Future of
Barr, Executive VP and General Counsel, Verizon Communications
||Panel Discussion: "The Future of
- Moderator: Randy
May, Senior Fellow & Director of
Communications Policy Studies, The Progress & Freedom Foundation
- Rick Bailey, AT&T
Crandall, Senior Fellow, Brookings
Huber, Senior Fellow, Manhattan Institute
- Robert Pepper, Chief,
Office of Plans &
- Peter Pitsch, Director of Communications Policy, Intel
- The Future of the FCC
- Government Regulation of Personal Information
- Privacy and the Digital State
- Critical Path Issues in B2B Commerce
|Tuesday, August 22
||Plenary Address: "Competition
||Panel Discussion: "The
Future of E-Commerce"
- Moderator: Peter
Harter, VP, Securify
Chen, CEO, GeoTrust
- Jaime Chico Pardo, Director General & CEO, Telmex
- Mike Daniels, Director, VeriSign
Herron, Chairman and CEO, Mercury2
Holtzman, Secretary of Technology, Colorado
"Consumer Attitudes on Privacy"
Rainie, Director, Pew Project on the Internet & American Life
"Understanding 'the Privacy Problem'"
- Moderator: Alan Raul, Partner, Sidley
Berman, Executive Director,
Center for Democracy & Technology
- Rep. Asa
- Harriet Pearson, Director, Public Affairs,
Swindle, Commissioner, FTC
Swire, Chief Counselor for Privacy, OMB
Upson, Secretary of Technology, Virginia
- Bob Wientzen, President, Direct Marketing
||Panel Discussion: "Understanding the Digital Economy"
||Panel Discussion: "The Next Four Years:
Politics, Policy and the 2000 Election"
||Chairman's Reception and Dinner
- Introduction: George A. Keyworth
Fiorina, President and CEO, Hewlett-Packard